Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Selection filtered by Combo Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prufrock

Instructor
Sep 4, 2002
AU
I have a situation where there is a range of key indicators that I need to have users select. They may be from different departments and the indicators differ per department, some overlap some don't. I plan a combo box to select their department and then I suspect a list box that gets populated by the combo box selection to enable them to select the indicators relevant to them (this can be a few at least.)

My current situation is I have a table with the following fields: Indicator ID (a numeric code), Indicator description(text describing) , Finance, Marketing, Sales. Each of the last three simply has an X indicating whether that indicator applies to that department. This all came from a colleague's spreadsheet I imported.

I want them to be able to select the department from a combo box,(populated from a separate dept listing) have it filter the contents of the listbox to the indicators relevant to that department. Then they go through and multiple select the indicators. I assume this means they get stored in the one field which is not a problem.

Any recommendations?

Take a look here faq702-4289 and instead of second combo place your listbox which should allow multiselect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back