Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Scratch Pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECCOGuy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 31, 2006
US
Is it possible to have the same subclient and/or Storage Policy point to seperate scratch pools? One for Full backup, the other for Incremental?

We want all of our fulls (weekly, monthly, yearly) to be on FUxxxx tapes, and all of our Incrementals to be on INxxxx tapes. I know you can use barcode rules to setup two seperate pools. But I can only figure out how to point a Storage Policy to one pool at a time. The only workaround I can think of is to clone the subclient, put one on a seperate Storage Policy and map that second Policy to the second Pool.

Backgroud - I've only been working with CommVault for a week. We're running 6.1, but will be moving to 7.0 in the next few months...

Thanks!

Spencer
MCSE2k, MCSA2k, Net+, A+

For your case you need to setup an Incremental Storage policy, that can be attached to an existing Full Policy and creates the possibility to create separate rules for Full vs. Incremental backups (like Media Usage of streams) . This way you can achieve your goal. Read the BooksOnline (lots of information) on how to setup an Incremental Storage policy.

regards

That sounds great. Thanks! I had read through most of the book online, but I guess I must have glossed over that part.

Spencer
MCSE2k, MCSA2k, Net+, A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back