Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MULTIPLE SCRATCH POOLS, SAME LIBRARY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cglaser

MIS
Feb 13, 2004
US
All,
I am interesting in having multiple scratch pools in NBU, in the same library in order to seperate one division's tape utilization from other's. We want to have one group of policies use one scratch pool and another group of policies use another. Is there a way to do this? Here is some info:
NBU 4.5, MP5
Master AIX 4.3.3
Libary - Sun L700, acsls 6.1.1

thanks to all who respond!!!!!
CHRIS

No. You can create 2 Volume Pools seperating the divisions and do a count on tapes daily.

You can't as far as I know have two scratch pools. I think you might need to look at Volume Groups. Of course you could just assign the tapes direct to the pool that each devision use. You would then have to monitor the free tapes in each pool to ensure you don't run low.

Thanks to all 3 of you who responded...I will create a simple script to look at who is using how many tapes on a weekly basis. Thanks again,
Chris

Well if you are just wanting to see who is using tapes then you don't need look at the scratch pools. After all they are full of tapes that nobody is using. As you say a script to show what tapes are asigned to each departmenst pool should do the job. Just charge them 3d for each tape thay have full. Watch out for tape in the pool which are not assigned, they should not be charged for them. Also half full tapes are not realy fair to charge out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back