Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple runs on a software !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkv19

Programmer
Jun 13, 2008
US
Hi ,
I am using a software written in Visual Basic and simulation of which is written in Fortran . In this software in interface when i open a cateogory and give one set of values to parameters and run the S/W then i get results. My problem is i want to enter 100 such set of parameters one by one reading from a text file each line containing 1 set of parameters needed for one execution . I dont have the source of the software written , Can someone help me with some other way externally if i can do that ??and if yes.. please tell me how i can do that !!!

Thanks a lot

OK I'm thoroughly confused. What language are you working with? VB, Fortran or C++?

sorry for confusing .. I am working with C++ . I need code to read line by line from a text file and modify a particular line in a main file & create as many main files as no of lines in the text file . then run a software over each modified file .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back