Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple routes with Route-Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmarshall

ISP
Aug 23, 2001
US
I have a T1 connection to an office building which hauls accounting information on a private network to a service provider. Multiple office networks in the building connect to our router and use it as their default gateway by using secondary addresses on the ethernet port. The remote site they need to reach is 10.x.x.x, so to get our stuff to work all we have to do is assign a gateway to the ethernet port from their subnet and put a route statement in like IP ROUTE 10.XXX.XXX.XXX 255.255.255.0 S0/0.1. (No routing protocols are in use, all routing is static)

Client addresses are

Client 1 gateway to private network 172.16.101.1
gateway to Internet 172.16.101.2

client 2 gateway to private network 172.16.102.1
gateway to Internet 172.16.102.254

And so on.... The problem is that each of these individual offices has a unique Internet service provider. Some have DSL, some have T1's etc... Our router is their default gateway and all I get is the address of their Internet router, I have no access to their routers and no way to implement configuration changes on them.

What I'd like to do is have all traffic bound for 10.XXX.XXX.XXX be routed thru S0/0.1 and all other traffic be routed to each offices individual gateway.

I have used Route-Map before, but with Route-map I can only figure out how to define a default gateway, not provide multiple routes. What am I missing?

THANKS!

Im not sure if this is what you are looking for but have you tried multiple route map statments? What you could do is create multiple route map statment with the first statment matching your 10 network, after that you could use standard or extended access lists to filter individule networks to send traffic to the correct ISP gateway. If a match is not made it will continue through the route map until a match is found, if none is found it will take the default route.

something like this:
access-list 10 permit 10.XXX.XXX.XXX
access-list 11 perimt (client network 1)
access-list 12 permit (client network 2)

route-map vpn-traffic permit 10
match ip address 10
set interface serial0/0.1

route-map vpn-traffic permit 15
match ip address 11
set ip next-hop (ISP router)

route-map vpn-traffic perit 20
match ip address 12
set ip next-hop (ISP router)

I may have misunderstand you email, but maybe this will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back