Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple reports with one date range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase998

Technical User
Dec 29, 2003
US
I need to run several reports using one date range for all of them. Is there a command button or routine I can make to do all that instead of entering a date for each report? Each report is currently set to accept a user's date range using:

Between [Enter Start Date:] And [Enter End Date:]

I know there was a thread with this very same question before, but I looked thoroughly and could not find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CHASE

How are you having the user enter the range? I'd suggest using a couple of text boxes on a form, and then you can have each report (or the query behind it) look to that form.

If you do this, and you're printing the dates on the reports, make sure the form isn't closed before the reports print. Otherwise the dates won't show up. (Assuming you're getting the dates directly from the form. If you put include them in your query this won't be a problem.) I usually just hide the form in cases like these. You can use VB to close it later.

Currently, the date range is query-based, because each report was written on an as-needed basis. Now, the PTB want it all-inclusive. (This is more a laziness issue than a functional issue <g>). So, everything was put in on the pop-up.

I think I was wondering if there's more a code solution to this that I can point to a button than creating a whole new form.

Thanks!

CHASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back