Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Reports in one Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

peechy23

Technical User
Feb 21, 2011
US
Is there a way to take multiple reports and have them produced in one spreadsheet? I have been able to get them to produce one after the other but is there a way to have it so it populates them next to each other? So if I have 4 reports I would want it to be as below

Report 1 Report 2
Report 3 Report 4.

Any help would be appreciated. These are all Excel output.

Output the reports as csv files and write an import macro into a master spreadsheet, this way you can format the output of the report as you wish.

I am looking to have this distributed via Report Caster. Is the above solution still possible and if so could you provide an example of what you are stating in simple terms?

We used to extract data from the databases and store the output in csv file.

e.g.
Year, Month, Day, YTD_Target, Actual_Amount, Branch

Then you import the data into a spreadsheet such as excel and store each column as a separate column. Then format each worksheet as you want the user to see it and write a macro to grab the data from the imported column and do what ever you wish with it. As the raw data is stored you can either protect the worksheets with a password or if you have some power-users you can open it up to them in order to empower their division or branch.

Initially, this does take some time to set-up. But if your consistent with your data and the way you set-up your reports the whole thing can be automated. So, all you do is click a button in order for it to run. We used to run a similar process, providing data and spreadsheet report for about 200 groups and reporting down to about 2000 banking branches. Each branch reporting on about 100+ products. This was completed in about 4 hours from start to finish, including checking the financial side to make sure they all added back to what had been produced for each branch upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back