Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Report Criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

SColbert

Technical User
Sep 25, 2003
US
I've got several regional reports that the user runs from a "Print Reports" form where the report type & region are chosen via Option Groups then the report runs when a Command button is clicked (either in Preview or Print mode).

I'd also like to give the user the choice of how to sort the reports (by Company, Target Completion Date or Action Owner). Currently each report is generated from its own query (Report type & Region chosen by the user). What would be the best way to also allow them to choose the sort order for the report?

I've considered creating another Option Group on the Print Reports form for sorting options but am having a hard time "wrapping my mind" around how to connect the two Option groups - would I have to duplicate the current queries for each sort option?

I'm working in Access 2000. Also, the Print Reports form currently runs via a macro, not VBA code (this is the way I inherited it!). Thanks in advance for any/all assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back