Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple records in Details band 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllpayRog

Technical User
Nov 10, 2008
GB
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to display more that one record (field) in the detail band?
I am aware that I can use the Next() function however if I use this such as Record 1 field plus Next(field) it will show the first record plus the next, but on the following page it will then show the second record field previously shown as the next(field) and the next (3rd field), and so on....
I hope that makes a little sense!

Ideally if I used the above solution I would need to skip 1 record before the next page's detail band so the pevious page's Next(field) is not duplicated on the following page.

Can any one help me on this, or perhaps suggest a dufferent solution to achieve the same?

Many thanks

Regards to all

Roger

YOu can suppress every other record, in the section expert add this to suppression formula

remainder(recordnumber, 2) = 0

This will suppress rows 2,4,6, 8...

Allowing you to dislay 1,2
5,6 etc

However, data is still there just suppressed so if you are using sums or counts you will need to use Tunning Totals with a reverse evaluation formula.

Ian

Many Thanks Ian,

That will work a treat.

Best Regards
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back