Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Records for same ID, search for record where field is not null

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffc0922

Technical User
Mar 27, 2014
US
I'm writing a report that summarizes what region sales have occurred through the year, however for some reason some of the records being pulled don't reflect a region on the report. The region field is pulled using a parameter. The table the data is pulled from contains several records with the same id, however only one of those records have this region field populated.

I've tried using a not is null to not pull those records, tried onfirstrecord and lastly tried using variables. I think what I really need is to state that if id=id and field is null then check next field where id=id, problem is, I'm not sure how to word this... Help Please

Make region a formula:

if not(isnull({table1.region})) then {table1.region}
else
if not(isnull([table2.region])) then [table2.region}
else
" Region Not Found

Hmmm, that didn't solve my problem. After the records are pulled they are then grouped by country, that is where it's not pulling into any group.

Nevermind, I figured it out!!! thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back