Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple RDP Shortcuts to connect to the same server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh Karunakaran

Programmer
Sep 29, 2016
MU
Dear Friends,

This may not be directly connected with VFP. But, I thought someone can give some lights to this query.

I have an application in a Windows server. There are many users created in the server. Users have RDP connection shortcuts saved with their own corresponding usernames (server users) on their Desktop to connect to the server. We have set the application in the 'Environment' of RDP connection so that the program launches automatically, when a user connects. Everything is running good.

Now, I want to create two RDP shortcuts on Desktop of a PC with different server user names. However, as soon as I save the second shortcut with the username, the first shortcut I have already created changes the username mentioned in that, turning both shortcut to have same username.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Rajesh

That has been my observation as well. It seems you cannot have 2 RDP icons on a computer with the same IP address. My work around is not to save the username and password on one icon and force the credential screen to show.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back