Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple "Total" rows in a view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABigMac

Technical User
Sep 30, 2005
US
I have created a 6.5.4 db that contains a dozen columns populated by form. I have created a view that totals the columns but would like an additional "total" row that would show sums of some of the other column totals. I cannot figure out how to create the additional "total" row. Have not found Notes "Help" to be helpful in this regard. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA--Ed

Basically put, you have to redo all the other totals in your last total column.
Since doing all these calculations is process-intensive on the server side, it is generally a good idea to make as many calculations as possible in the individual documents, so that the views only display data, and do not calculate it.
Therefor, it might be a good idea for you to change the design of the form so that it makes its own, individual total, which you can then use in your final column.

That is the traditional approach to that kind of problem.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back