Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple quick launches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zracer03

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
We have a mix of 2000 and 2003 terminal servers that are load balanced and users randomly connect to. Of late we have had numerous complaints of users having multiple quick launch bars, on their taskbar. I can not duplicate this, but have tested w/ a user having the issues. Whatever is causing this, is also making it unable for you to right click on the task bar itself. No menu comes up at all, which means you cant even uncheck it if you wanted. I have fought with this, and can find very few articles pertaining to it. Anyone have a clue?

zracer03,
Your first sentence is what is causing your problem. "Mix of 2000 and 2003 terminal servers).
I had this issue when converting our 2000 servers to 2003 server.
We found out that when an end-user had a profile created on a win2k server and then logged into a 2k3 server...they would receive multiple quick launch bars. The solution was to remove the Win2k servers from that published application and create "2k and 2k3" version of the app. We then had them log into either only the 2k app or the 2k3 app.

If they logged into the 2k3 app and then the 2k app (or vise versa)..they would see the multiple quick launch bars.

Hope that helps.

I'm just starting to notice this also. We have been running in a combined 2000/2003 environment for about 2 years, so I don't know if that is really the problem. The only article I have been able to find so far is below. I haven't tried any of the suggestions yet, but I will keep you posted if I do.

Yeah i've been running a mix for about 6 months and haven't seen anything until now either. I have tried everything in that article as well, it does no good. There are very few solutions out there for it. If you see anything, let me know, i'll do the same. thanks

We are also having the same proble. If a user goes from a windows 2000 PC and then logs onto a citrix desktop running on Server 2003 with a roaming profile they recieve mulitple quick launch bars. Has anybody found any soulutions for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back