Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Questions displayed in 1 Bar Graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephHansen

Programmer
Dec 26, 2001
IN
Using CR 9 and a SQL 2000 backend.

I have a series of 5 yes/no questions...are you a smoker, do you exercise, do you take medicine, etc. Can I create a bar graph that displays Male/Female bars for each yes? Let's say I had 100 pp surveyed, 20 M Smokers, 10 F smokers, 50 M exercisers, 60 F exercises, etc, all displayed in the same bar graph? I know this could be done in Excel...

Thanks!

Stephanie

Stephanie, I think the best way for you to do this would be to create a couple of different formulas. You didn't give an example of your data so, I am going to make a leap here and hopefully you will get the gist and make it work with your data structure.

First formula Called Male Exercise;

If {database.sex} = "M" and
{database.exercise} = "Y" then
else

Put this formula in your details section and create a summary on it. Do the same for females then create your chart on the summaries. Then you would continue creating formulas like thise for each question field i.e. smoking, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back