Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple PRI's-What happens if in Red Alarm? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickfish

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
US
I have a customer that has multiple PRI's with primary and backup DCH's. If one of the T1's goes into Red Alarm but the loop is still enabled and channel's show disabled, will it step over to the next entry in the RLI or will they get reorder?

Site actually has 30 T1's and trying to determine why they got reorder. Plenty of trunks/T1's available in RLI (6 entries). All users had access to all routes.

its depends in my opinion, on how its all programmed. If the D channel goes ouot and the backup doesnt work then the whole trunk group will be out of service. Then you need to look at the RLB to see if there is another route as a second choice and hope those second choice route members are on aa different trunk group and D channel

Thanks,

Buddy

Linked in Profile

I agree with Buddy. If the D Channel is still active, then your calls will probably not switch over to the next entry.

The D channel needs to be disabled. It's a common problem where you have PRI links converting to V.O.I.P. I've recently had to email a customer instructions on how to delete the 1st entry in their RLI, if it fails.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

If all the channels are disabled, then they appear busy. Therefore, it will go to the next available PRI in the Route, or step to the next ENTR. I suspect the span was not in alarm, but the CO was blocking the call.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back