Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple printer sessions while using terminal services

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebratech

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2003
US
Hi,
I am running win 2000 server with win 2000 clients. Some of them remote desktop in to use a few apps on the server. When they use terminal services, very often 8 or 9 printer sessions will appear in their printer folders or appear as usable network printers when they try to print and are given the option to select a printer. Why is this happening, how do I get rid of them, and more importantly prevent them from coming back?
Thanks,

P.S we have all the latest hotfixes, virus protection, spybot removal, and firewall and proxy protection.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I'm running into a similar problem...

Never did. wound up migrating almost everyone off of terminal services, for other reasons. sorry. good luck.

If they have admin rights on the terminal server they will be able to see every printer in every session on that server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back