Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple phone lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat6daze

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
US
anyway to route 3 c.o lines to 3 rooms, with 3 jacks appearing in each of the rooms. Each jack will have all 3 numbers appearing in it. I would guess a non- split 66 block at the feed as well as a 66 block at each room...but I'm sure there is a better way . any help would be greatly appreciated.. thank you in advance

Iyou have access to a place where you can run all the cables too, put the block there.
Run a cat 5 cable to each location. Punch them down to the block. Also run a cat 5 cable to your network interface and punch that down on the block. Cross connect your lines on the block. (kind of hard to explain, if you give me your email I can send you a drawing)
Get some 3 port wallplates and some USOC 6 pin keystone jacks (I prefer Leviton). Punch down all three pairs to each jack. I actually think you should do one pair to a jack, though.
So...
3 rooms, 3 jacks each, 3 lines on each jack. Is that right?

Jeff jeff moss
jeffmoss26@adelphia.net

OK so you have 3 co lines, three jacks in each room, each one should have all three lines? Sounds like some kind of a sales office, and I am going to assume you are using 3 line phones at each location?

If this is a limited use application (not permanent) I would loop a 4 pair from between the three jacks in each room, and from the last jack head back to your interface/66 block. That would leave you with 3 - 4 pairs to punch on the 66 block, and room to add one more to go to the interface bringing your dial tone in.

If this is a permanent wiring solution, I would home run a 4 pair from each jack to the 66 block. You would then punch down all the 4 pairs, and punch jumpers down that 'loop' all the white/blue pairs together, then loop all the w/o, etc.

I guess it depends on the application you have and the equipment that will be used.

Good Luck!
It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back