Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple people able to pick up same line

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenT983

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2005
US
I have a customer that has 8 lines on an ACS R7 that I have assigined calling group 1 to all lines in the system. Everything works right except when some one answers the ringing line or is on a line some one from another phone can pick up the same line. This is a medical office and due to Hippa this can't happen. Can anyone offer a suggestion on a solution.

Thanks in advance!

I never understood why that wasn't the default setting

Well, not really default, it was a bug with the fix for the memory battery problem, which resulted in all extensions being Private, even if you programmed it as Not Assigned (and it still said Not Assigned by default)

If you remember all the way back to the Partner System, before the Partner Plus, Privacy was a fixed button on the phone to toggle the feature on and off. Default was still Not Assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back