Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Parameter Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

broygus

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
Background:
I have a database that tracks indexes monthly over a long period time. I have a query that builds based on query parameters of date and which index they are looking to find. The output would then show me for that given index what the returns were over set periods of time.

Problem:
I'm trying to have the query ask for multiple parameters (by saying that I mean I want it to ask for Multiple indices entered) so that the final output would list more then just one index...and I'm not looking for it to output every index that I keep data for, just the ones indicated)

-thanks

Hi .... If I hear you correctly you can do this with sub-selects. Something like this:

Select (Select statement for Index 1) as number1, (Select statement for Index 2) as number1, Etc.....
FROM .....

HTH,
Regards John

John Nyhart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back