Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple pages with separate subreports? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayster7

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2001
US
Hi

I was looking through the forums and found a posting for

Crystal reports 8.5 How to print different text on bottom of each copy

I have similar issue. I am using CR10 in Windows currently accessing .dbf files via ODBC, which will change to an Oracle 9i database in 2005. My firm offers very complex quarterly reports to it's clients regarding the client's utilization of services.

In the past these were run through the legacy system to obtain a result set, and then the result set was pasted into a huge Excel sheet that did calculations and then THAT was finally pasted into a Word picture metafile to obtain the final product. A lot of work for the user.

It is the same table being queried, but in many different ways, i.e. classification of transactions opened, sex of the client, relationship to the insured, types of services offered totally to the client organization, etc.

In order to display so many different selections, I've been using subreports and grouping them together, but it looks like there will ultimately be approx. 24 subreports total! THe report has to look the same as the current product (there are also charts incorporated, but one challenge at a time).

Is there a way I can show different groupings of different subreports on different pages? I've had success with 3 subreports on one page that belong together, and the output looks exactly like the original, but now when it comes to page 2 I'm stymied. Is there anything I can do that anyone else has encountered? Thanks.

The path up and down is one and the same.

-Heraclitus

Might want to post an example of the report to see what you are trying to accomplish. Things like how is you main report set up in each section and where are the subreports located.

As far as different page footers, you could suppress the page footer on the main report.

Then in your subreport, create a formula for a fake page header.

//@FakePH
WhileReadingRecords;

Group on @FakePH. If you already have groups set up in your subreport, then from the Report Design Tab, righclick on the @fakePH group and drag it to the top.

Not sure if that is what you are wanting.

-LW

Hey Wichita,

Here's a sample of some output. Mind you the report is simply calculating on different types of counts on the same table, but in different groups, one group which is called 'Referral Source' takes codes in the table based on the type of contact that initiated the transaction so output looks like:

Referral Source This Period Year To Date

CoWorker 90 11.66% 179
Family 45 5.83% 187

And so on, but then the next group may be calculating the same data for types of relationship codes within the same table:

Client Status This Period Year To Date

Employee 501 64.90% 1644
Spouse 135 17.49% 448

But then even another group is calculating totals based on the sex of the client

Client Gender This Period Year To Date

Female 364 47.15% 1216
Male 408 52.85% 1320

And then I have another group that I want to do on another page for types of service that were initiated for example:

Services Provided This Period Year To Date

EAP 587 76.04% 1910
FamilySource 11 1.42% 39
FinancialConnect 24 3.11% 83

And so on and so on. Tried creating a single report to group by, but then each inner grouping is dependent on the other nad these need to be their own reports.

For my main body, I am using a blank main report. The only thing that it is being used for is to take parameters for the client ID and date range to run the report for. These are passed to the subreports. Right now I can make one page with 3 groupings on a single page, but I need more separate pages with the gorupings continuing.

-Heraclitus

I have a similar situation on some of my reports with a layout as follows

RH Section
Cover Letter text here

PH Section
Basic Title here along with page number, rundate, parameters, etc

D1 Section
Subreport1
D2 Section (New Page Before)
Subreport2 (New Page Before)
D3 Section

RH Section - Suppressed
PF Section
File location, modification date, author here

On each of my subreports

RH Section - Suppressed
GH1 Section - FakePH (as I explained earlier
I Insert my Own Title here

GH2 Normal Subreport
D Normal Subreport
GF2 Normal Subreport

GF1 Section
- Any special Footer information (I have mine suppressed as I just needed the running page header
RF Section Suppressed

With each subreport in a separate detail section, I can govern when I want a new page. In fact, I have one page where I have 10 subreports, each providing a separate type of summary.

Is this what you are looking for?

Wichita, that's exactly it! I was playing with the subreports in the report header, or in the Group headers or footer, but I wasn't thinking of the detail. Thanks I'll let you know what happens!

-Heraclitus

Wichita, you are the man!! It's working... THANK YOU!!!

-Heraclitus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back