Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple page reports in FP 2.6 for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmp829

MIS
Dec 4, 1999
US
I need to design multiple page Tax reports. I am using a duplexing printer to print 2-sided tax forms.

OK You stated what you wanted to do, now what is the problem ??

Ok, how does one pass Escape codes from a FoxPro report. I need to send the Escape codes to turn on duplex printing and to print the first side and then print the second side. Sending 2 separate reports for page 1 and page 2 does not work, the printer will always eject a page.

FoxPro 2.6 will not send an esc code for duplexing to a printer because that is a document setting for a specific type of printer. In 2.6 you can only send common Esc Codes to the printers. You may want to look at a 3rd party software &quot;Relational Riter&quot;, It may do it.<br>
<br>
To get around the problem, (assuming you are in windows) create 2 printer icons, one for simplex and one for duplex.<br>
1. Add the prompt statement to the report form command.<br>
and / or<br>
2. Just before you issue the report form command in the program, change the windows default printer. In Visual FoxPro it is one command. In 2.6 you will have to run a routine. Microsoft has the routines on their web site for foxpro help. Do not forget to change it back after the report form command.<br>
<br>
If you can not find the routines for changing the default printers on Microsofts site let me know, I have them archived somewhere. I assume you know that writing a program with printer specific command reduces the portability of the program to only computers with the same type of printer. Adding the prompt statement to the report command is the better of the options. The customers will learn what printer to select. If you are writing this for a in-house program where you know what printers or there , then no problem.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back