Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Outlook Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

itmastera

MIS
Jun 20, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to stop someone from being able to start Outlook more than once? The problem I have is, users will open Outlook again insead of clicking on the taskbar to maximize the window. I have seen some systems will not allow you to open Outlook more than once, but I have not been able to figure out how to do it. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I had a look around, to see if there was anything info wise readily available. If I find anything I will post it for you. I know Outlook Express will only allow one copy of the app to run, but the systems in my office run multiples....didn't know that until now though. :)

My question is why training is not provided so this is not necessary?

If you can't use a windows taskbar, something needs to be done about it! Kimber

The more I learn,I realize how much more there is to know!

Maybe in some fantasy world training would prevent this but in the world I live in users will be users will be users. I have invisioned an attachment on top of the monitor with a ball peen hammer that would swing down and hit the user in the forehead when they did something userlike. It would have a COM API so you could integrate it into you applications. Now that's a great training tool.
On User Error goto ballpeen
ballpeen:
hammer.velocity = FullStrength
hammer.ActiveSurface = peen
hammer.strike
Users; the baine of our existance and our bread and butter... ya gotta love 'em
sdraper

Yes, I agree. These people (users) are just morons. That's why I have in my cubicle a little note that reads
USER=ID 10 T

I actually own a tshirt that says
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned.
I wear it to the office sometimes.hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back