Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple outlook accounts mail goes into the same inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

tballky

Programmer
Jun 10, 1999
US
in OExpress I am able to separate email accounts. In Outlook2000 I have enabled two email accounts but the inbox gets mail mixed up... just like at home. Is it possible to switch users or perhaps simply direct incoming mail into a seperate inbox? Also, when composing and sending email, I would like to have the response come back to the email account that sends the email. OE allows that with it's "switch user" function and I can't believe big brother Outlook can't manage such... I tried to have two versions of Outlook but that doesn't seem to be an answer. Help please, appreciate it.

You can set up rules so that the email is delivered to separate folders inside of the inbox, you can then set security so that you must have a password to view the contents of that folder.
As for sending, go to the view dropdown and choose to view the "From" field. You can then choose from whom you send the email. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back