Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple OS using System Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbie100

Programmer
Aug 29, 2003
GB
I want to install all the following Windows OSs on a single machine: 98/98se/Me/NT4/2000/XP. This machine will be used solely for testing software installation and running prior to release.

I have System Commander 7.0, but am not clear about the best way to use it so that all 6 OS are isolated from one another.

Any experience/advice would be appreciated.

Would VMWare ( be a viable option? running that from WinXP or W2K would give the option to start any OS, or if enough memory is available several at the same time, without any reboot!

HTH
TonHu

Thanks for the reply. VMWare sounds good, but the real-time aspects are a major part of the testing for this particular program, which would not be proved by operating in a virtual environment.
However, I will definitely keep VMWare in mind for other applications. Sounds like it could save a lot of time rebooting.

Again, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back