Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple NIC Problem - WIN2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

NISSlave

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2002
US
I have a WIN2K server with latest service packs and all updates from Microsoft. I installed 3 network cards (2 - 3C905B-TX and 1 - Intel Pro), which loaded fine, but when I try to go into my properties for a "Local Area Connection" I get the following error:

"The controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets are already open. To use these controls, close all these property sheets and then reopen this one."

I have no other property sheets open. Searching MS Knowledge DB, I found article Q236144, which pretty much states that they know its a problem, but offer no solution.

Has anyone else had this issue? How is the problem solved? Does it have anything to do with the NICs being used?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have never heard of this ,but maybe you could try disabling each connection one at a time, configuring it and then reenabling it. Just a guess though.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back