Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Network Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxhound4

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2000
US
This a Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional question. Is there a way that I can setup my laptop to login to different Domains without having to change the domain everytime I try to login somewhere different? I am looking for a way to have the Domain list on login contain all of the possible networks I might connect to. Is this possible? TIA!!!

Yes, all you have to do is setup the other domains you wish to show on your login screen as trusted domins. Just readup on what domain trusts are and how to set them up. If you need any help just post again, with more specific information and I'll do my best to help you.

Good Luck,
SteelDragon

The setup of Domain trusts is server side isn't it? I am looking for something on the client. TIAA!!!!

Oops, didn't notice the 'professional' up there. Sorry.... As far as the client goes, hook it to your server, setup domain trusting on your server, then log into the client, it should pick up the list. Then you can delete the trusts on the server, BUT if you reconnect to that server with the client you will loose those trusts. There may be another way with a third party utility, I'll look in my refrences and get back to you after a little research. As far as out of the box goes, that is about the only way I can think of.

Good Luck,
SteelDragon

I'm not sure about this, but if you create a LMHOSTS file and put domain information inside... wouldn't that build the domain list as well ? Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back