Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple network card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeDam

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2001
BE
We have a Win2000 server with 3 network card. We have enable 2 cards with two different ip. When client backup on the first IP, it work but on the second, i can't!!!
Have i to configure somethink in networker?

error message (hn040 is working with the second ip of the server hn100):

* hn040:MSSQL: 3 retries attempted
* hn040:MSSQL: Host hn100.crelan.be cannot request command execution
* hn040:MSSQL: 02/07/02 05:32:00 AM nsrexec: Host hn100.crelan.be cannot request command execution

Refer to LEGATO tech bulletin 302.
It 's very well explained, you'll avec to play
with different fields such as the alias and the
required network interface.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, i will try it!

It's not that! I have one host name with two ip adress (one for the first network card and a second for the second network card)....
So when backuping on ip XXX.XXX.XXX.1 it work, but XXX.XXX.XXX.2 it does'nt work!

Is the Win2k server a Networker server or client? Are you using virtual IPs (one hostname, 2 addresses)? I was not able to make VIPS and Unix Networker play together nicely. We set up a separate subnet for backups (one card), and the other card gets used for everything else.

A networker server. Yes we have one hostname and two ip adress...

since you dedicate 1 card for backup, then set up an alias for the 1st card IP address. then in all clients, change the server name listed in \Program Files\nsr\res\servers(windows), /nsr/res(unix) of all clients to the alias name. This will direct all clients to use the card dedicated for backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back