Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple .NET ODBC Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmoh2o

Programmer
Jul 22, 2002
US
Please help,

I am building a program that connects to a separate server for a database through .NET ODBC. Is it possible to use a single OdbcConnection object with different OdbcCommand objects on the same database? For example: I connect to the database using OdbcConnection1 and execute a reader object through OdbcCommand1. Next, I create OdbcCommand2 using the same OdbcConnection1 (I didn't "close" the ODBC Connection after the previous command object was executed)and execute another reader object. Finally, I close the connection to OdbcConnection1.

I would like to use an inner join but don't believe this is possible since the database I am pulling from is not properly normalized.

Thanks to anyone who knows this answer, and I appologize if it is overly simple but I am new to .NET ODBC.

Yes, you can run multiple command objects against a single connection object.

I'm not sure if I can help with your inner-join question -- that's more of an application design question, which will depend on your table design.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back