Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Monitors: Independant Screensavers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenewa2x

Programmer
Dec 10, 2002
US
Is there a utility out there that will allow each of my monitors to have their own screensavers?

For example, my right-most monitor has had no activity for about 10 minutes. I would like that monitor to have a screensaver on it while my other monitors that do have activity remain screensaver free.

I took a look at Ultramon but it only configures the timing for both monitors instead of each one separately.

Is this even possible?

It is possible, there is software out there to do it. I came across stuff like this recently as ive been trying to find a free version to force a screensaver on one monitor instead of splitting it across two.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Thanks, I already took a look at realtimesoft.com's software and it does not achieve what I would like.

The google search results also just bring up different screensavers for different monitors. Not actual screensaver controls for each monitor such as independently timed screensavers when one monitor does not have the cursor in it.

Well I was doing what I could to help as ive been trying to find something a bit different then what you are looking for. I want to find a free software that makes a screensaver stay on one monitor or a registry key to do it lol.

I figure whichever or whoever post the software on here that your looking for, I figure it will have what im looking for as well.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Have you looked at the "Screen Saver Player" add-on for Ultramon? These threads at the site refer to it:

I'm not sure if the add-on gives you the ability to set different timings like you want, but it does allow the 2nd monitor to show a screen saver while you work on the primary.

Also, doesn't the "settings" box in the Ultramon window allow you to set independent timings for each screen saver?

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back