Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Monitor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImASig

Technical User
Jul 24, 2000
US
I'm trying to set up a multiple monitor display for my machine. Machine Specs follow:

Asus A7N266-VM/LAN/AA
AMD Antlon 1500
512 Ram
Windows XP Pro

The Asus board comes with a GeForce 2 onboard. I've came to the conclusion that It's not possible to do the multiple monitor option by using the onboard card in combination with another video card. If I toggle the primary display card in BIOS then the other will not even recognize in windows.

I have instead installed an Nvidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 AGP card along with a PCI Voodoo Rush AT3D. I set my primary display driver to the AGP card (the PCI is not an option) and windows will detect both cards however the PCI voodoo card has the exclamation point next to it with the following error:

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

This is the correct driver as I have gotten the card to work by itself. Does anyone have any suggestions besides buying new hardware.

Would be worth changing the Driver for the Nvidia card. Look for the GE Force 2 MX driver not MX /MX400. Update driver and install the MX version and you should find it works OK with the ATI card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back