Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Media Servers with different versions ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmgaines

Technical User
Jan 27, 2004
US
Currently running NB 4.5 in Solaris 2.8 environment.
1-master
1-media server Solaris 2.8
1-media server Solaris 2.9
1 ADIC Scalar 1000 (8 LTO1 drives, SSO option)

Comtemplating whether to upgrade to NB 5 or going straight to NB 6.

Any one know or have any experience running media servers with different versions of NB in either NB 5 and/or NB 6 ? Is it possible ?

There can be no media server or NetBackup client with a NetBackup version newer than the one on the master server. The media servers do not all have to be at the same NetBackup version as the master. They can be equal or older versions than the master. Also, the media servers do not have to be equal to each other. They can be mixed. This has been the case since NB 4.5

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and thats the truth

Ummm....I agree with almost everything you said, Bob.

However, related to some problems I had backing up Netware clients on a 4.5 MP5 master, Veritas had me install a netbackup 5.0 client on my netware boxes and had great success with them running under a 4.5 MP5 master.

Netware...go figure ;)

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

LOL

You got that right, Bob.....

Then again, we don't seem to get many viruses, either. :^\

Guess it's a trade off!

Thanks for all of your insightful knowledge of NBU. You have saved me countless times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back