Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple mailboxes on one extension..

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXT3CH

Technical User
Sep 5, 2006
US
Every semester we have a lot of part-time teachers that share the same office, that also share the same phone/extension.

In the past, I have set them up with individual mailboxes for that particular extension, ie for extension 2222:

22221 Jane Doe
22222 John Doe
22223 Dr. Doe
etc. etc. all the way up to 22229

In the application builder I set up a menu to point to the different 'express voice messaging' mailboxes. As you can tell with each semester I am always having to change the initial menu that points to the different mailboxes, a tedious task.

Is there an easier way to do this? through desktop messaging perhaps? how can I avoid having to record the menu in which to point to the individual mailboxes?

Any suggestions/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-pt.

If you want to believe Nortel, they say the "next version" of CP will fix this problem....

I have this set up with some users and add the remote email notification feature so they know when they get a new message.

Also, in some offices I have a 2008 phone with multible DN's and an associated message waiting indication key for each DN...

Active Voice System has had this feature for many years available....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back