Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Mailboxes in Outlook (different domain names)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimK01

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
We run two companies, each company has its own domain name and mail arrives successfully through our exchange server.

Some people do work for both organisations. For them I cirrently have both email addresses (ie fred@companyA.com & fred@companyB.com) linked to the one mailbox.

This works well for recieving mail but when we reply the return address is always the primary email address.

What I would like to achieve is 2 mailboxes both visible in Outlook 2000 under the same logon, and when Fred replys to mail from companyA's mail box I want it to go out from fred@companyA.com and when he replies to mail in CompanyB i want the from email to be fred@CompanyB.com.

Can anyone suggest how to achieve this?

Tim

Just enable send as permissions on the mailbox and all you would have to do then is use the From field when sending the mail. No need to have two boxes then

I am experiencing the same problem.

The above reply does not fully resolve this, as the message header reads "sent by 'xx' on behalf on 'xx', showing the other company name.

Any other ideas, as I've tried this one already :)

The person needs full permissions to the mailbox and not "send on behalf of" permissions. Have the Exchange administrator grant the permissions at their level.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back