Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Logons in .LBD file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelloshot1

Technical User
Aug 5, 2001
US
Hello all,
I've inherited an Access97 DB that shows anyone that is logged on as logged on twice in the .LDB file.

The DB is delivered to those who have access to it through their Novell Logon. (The DB icon that appears in the Novell Delivered Applications window is actual just a shortcut.)I thought this may be the cause of the multiple logons, but now I'm not so sure. I'm having problems with compacting that I think are related to this problem.

There is a linked table in the DB called MySystem. This appears to be a link to the associated .MDW file. Why this was done, I have no clue! But I can't get rid of it either. When I try to delete the link/table, I get the message that access is denied.

So actuall my problem is two-fold....getting rid of the linked MySystem Table and eradicating the double logons. Hopefully the trouble I'm having with compacting will clear up after these other problems are taken care of.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most helpfull!
Thanks in advance!
Mary (JelloShot1) X-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back