Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Lines in a ToolTextTip

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightOwl

Programmer
Aug 4, 1999
CA
I'm trying to get multiple lines in a ToolTextTip.<br>
<br>
I've seen it done before so I know it can be done the question is how? You cannot use VbCrLf because that just shows up as lil black boxes. If anyone knows how or if its an API call (and which) any help would be appreciated :)<br>
<br>
*wave*<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>

KnightOwl,<br>
<br>
Haven't tried this in your situation, so don't expect a lot.<br>
<br>
There have been instances when I've had no luck with 'VBCrLf', but _have_ had success with 'chr$(10) & chr$(13)'. Note that the chr$() order is particular - 'chr$(13) & chr$(10)' is _not the same, and mostly wont' work, but 'chr$(10) & chr$(13)' has worked for me very time to date.<br>
<br>
(If you're unfamiliar with the codes, chr$(10) is a linefeed, and chr$(13) is a carriage return, and this does work differently on a Unix-flavor box, where a LF (actually NL for NewLine) substitutes for the DOS LF-CR pair. DOS uses the CR to provide emphasized print by returning to the start of the line, while LF 'advances' the 'printhead' one line.)<br>
<br>
Make a good day . . .<br>
. . . barn<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back