Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Java Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarcna

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2006
US
Hello everyone, I have question concerning Java Apps.
I have to different web based apps that I need to use Java with. One app requires java 1.2... and the other requires 1.4....When I run the app that requires Java 1.2 everything works fine, but when I install the Java 1.4 it seems to overwrite the 1.2 and then I no longer can get into the app that requires 1.2. Both Java apps are still on my PC but I can't use both web based programs when I install that newer version (Java 1.4). Is there a way to switch between the two Java apps. I've tried different things. The 1.4 just seems to over come the 1.2, like it's not even there. Thanks for all your help...

Are you talking about applets or pure Java applications?

Cheers,
Dian

I'm pretty sure applets. I'll give you an example of what needs to happen. I type in an IP address in my web browser, a screen pops up "must have Java 1.4.. to run so and so"...I install java 1.4 and then I have no problem. The same is for my other program I'm running. I type in a IP address in my web browser, must have Java 1.2... to run so and so...I install it and then have no problem. The program that requires 1.2 doesn't like the 1.4. So when I install the 1.4 I can no longer type the IP address in my web browser and get to the program that requires 1.2. It says Java applet failed in the bottom left corner of my web browser window. I'm using IE 6. Thanks

AFAIK, you cannot use two different versions with the same browser.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back