Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Issues with Norstar 3X8 DR5 System... Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billygrahamiii

Technical User
Jun 21, 2006
US
Good morning! I installed a 3X8 System/DR5 Software with 5 M7310 sets, and am having the following issues below. If someone could please offer some advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Problem 1: Caller ID not working (was working with previous phones)

Problem 2: Delay on outgoing calls (wasn't happening with previous phones and doesn't happen when buttset is connected directly to lines)

Problem 3: Need to program handsfree button on one phone

Problem 4: Does this System have capability of hunting Lines 1 and 2 or do I need to have this feature programmed through Phone Company?

1 The phone Co is not sending you caller ID or it is not on at the set or you do not have caller ID in the system

2 do know what you mean is the dial tome slow or do you not hear the first ring

3 admin set hands free and hands free answer back on

4 call the phone Co.

Caller ID is built in on the 3x8, But I think only one phone can display id before answering.
Check in lines and make sure it's set to tone and not pulse.

Wayne T

Caller ID DR5.1 and it is only when you answer if not you got to use call information function, phone must ring.

1-
3x8 dr5.1 calldisplay on 1 ringing set only (after second ring)
program under lines ,all others will need to use f811 code

2-
lines are set to default pulse
go into line programing and change from pulse to tone

3-
under "terminals and sets" "capabilities" for the dn you wanted change handsfree to yes

4-
if you are talking about calling in on main number ,if busy going to second line,,,,then telco does that programming

if talking about calling out (dial 9 for any line)
then the lines need to belong to a line pool (done in line programming )

mike

Thank you for the responses so far! All of my issues have been resolved with the exception of # 1. I also have a couple extra questions as well. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

1: I was able to get the caller id to display, but think it's ridiculous that you have to press Feat811 to see the incoming call! Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to have the display automatic?

2: Customer is wanting overhead paging... I see there is a paging output available with this system. Do I need to have a amplifier as well? Also, do I need to have a dedicated line for the overhead paging? This System is installed in a Garage, so they are having difficulty hearing when paging through the phones.

3: Customer is having to press release to disconnect call rather than pressing hookflash. Is this a programming issue?

1 under line programming you can have 1 ext per line ,have display show before you pick up ,if set is ringing

2 yes page port is 600 ohm so you will need an amp, or self amped spkrs

what do you mean by dedicated line
ksu page port ----amp input, amp output--------spkrs

3this is a safety feature , if on handsfree and go to pick up handset , but drop it , the call is not disconnected, it is timed

if you hold the hook switch for a few seconds it will disconnect, if you just tap it it does nothing,,

and no you can't change it

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back