Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple instances of skeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sls80

Programmer
Sep 6, 2004
AU
I am having problems running multiple instances of BizTalk skeds simultaneously.

I have created a very simple test application that runs a sked using something along the lines of:

set oSked = CreateObject("sked://test.skx")
sleep(2000) '2 second delay
set oSked2 = CreateObject("sked://test2.skx")

As I understand it, by instantiating skeds this way all channels and ports are skipped.

All that these skeds do is write output into a directory, delay for 5 seconds and then continues writing to the directory, hence identifying the order that the skeds run in.

It appears that even though both skeds are being instantiated 2 seconds apart, the first sked completely finishes running before the second sked starts, which is causing problems. The XLANG Schedule component in COM+ shows that they are being initated 2 seconds apart, but are being blocked somewhere along the way.

Any ideas on how to instantiate skeds so that they run in a multithreaded manner?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back