Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple instances of Access on one machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillEchert

Programmer
Jun 25, 2003
US
Hi, I need to recreate a record locking problem users are experiencing. I currently do not have access to a network, so would like to recreate this on my machine. How do initiate multiple instances of my development version of the application on my machine?

Thanks,
Bill

Simplest is create a split database with backend/frontend interface. You can create multiple copies of same frontend by slightly changing the names.

So you can have Frontend_1.mdb, Frontend_2.mdb and Frontend_3.mdb all opened at the same time and linked with the same backend data file MyData.mdb

How's that sound?

Cheers!
ÙÇãá

It's important to learn the rules so that you know how to break them.

How do initiate multiple instances of my development version of the application on my machine?
Open Access twice and run a copy of the application in each instance.

Testing on a single machine might not show all the record locking problems. Once you get onto a network with buffers and routers and servers and flakey network cards and users treading on cables then you get all sorts of problems with data getting mislaid and delayed.

Geoff Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back