Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple input screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxx2301

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
IN
I am doing a project in Foxpro 2.6 for DOS wherein I am required to write code for inputs spanning 3 or 4 screenfuls. Is it possible to write code to meet the following requirements?

a) As the user keeps on keying the input, after the end of the screen, a new "@ say,get" should come as if scrolling was done and the first "@ say,get" will vanish from the screen.

b) If, after the user inputs say 2 screenfuls, he wants to navigate back to the old inputs, reverse scrolling should be possible.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Why do you need scrolling ? Any specific requirement ? Data entry process can be in any form, instead of screen scrolling it can be number of pages also

I think this should be possible by using different windows for different screens and activating them based on proper selection of the keys for which assignment can be done. or may be using case/endcase and scatter memvar / gather memvar till input is finally acceptable by the user.

manojgaur

I do the same thing in a Point of Sale application. Check out the SCROLL command in Foxpro. You will have to keep track of where your current screen position is; test for and act on PgUp,PgDn,UpArrow, and DnArrow; and redraw the first/last line after the scroll.

Hope this helps

John

An alternative way would be to divide your user's input requirements into two or more associated TAB screens within a single over-all screen.

To do this use GENSCRNX and TABS to create tabbed screens.

When the user completes data entry in the first TAB screen they can either manually choose the second TAB screen or the GET field's VALID snippet can automatically direct (example: _CUROBJ = OBJNUM(m.cReason) ) them onto the second TAB screen's first GET field.

In this way, the user can manually go between TAB1 & TAB2 screen and make any necessary reviews and/or edits.

Good Luck,

JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back