Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple inner joins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richey

Technical User
Aug 29, 2000
GB
i have the following sql statement which I'd like to add another inner join to. I have a table called cts_enquiry_services which has two columns I'm interested in, EnquiryTypeID and ServiceID. ServiceID links back to the
ServiceID in cts_services, so i want to add an inner join for cts_enquiry_services ON serviceid=serviceid and also include a where statment for Where EnquiryTypeID (from cts_enquiry_services) = 17

thanks
kim

Code:
SELECT ServiceID, DeptDesc, ServiceDesc as ServiceDesc,TargetDays,VOID,DEPARTMENT
FROM cts_services INNER JOIN cts_departments ON department=deptid WHERE minaccess <= 50 and serviceid IN (SELECT service FROM cts_service_locations WHERE location='ICT') 
UNION
SELECT ServiceID, DeptDesc,ServiceDesc as ServiceDesc,TargetDays,VOID,DEPARTMENT FROM cts_services INNER JOIN cts_departments ON department=deptid WHERE minaccess <=50 and serviceid NOT IN (SELECT service FROM cts_service_locations WHERE location='ICT')

either you made an error in cutting and pasting your query here, or else if that's really your query, you don't need a UNION and you don't need to look at the cts_service_locations table at all

here's your query, reformatted so that it's easier to see why the two selects in the union are mutually exclusive --

Code:
SELECT ServiceID
     , DeptDesc
     , ServiceDesc as ServiceDesc
     , TargetDays
     , VOID
     , DEPARTMENT
  FROM cts_services 
INNER 
  JOIN cts_departments 
    ON department=deptid 
 WHERE minaccess <= 50