Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Impromptu Versions - Problems with Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

annie2

MIS
Nov 4, 2002
IE
Hi,

I have recently been upgraded to Cognos EP 7. During installation, the existing Cognos version was not deleted. I upgraded my existing catalogs and reports, but I have now run into problems when running scheduler. The error message I get when I try to add an existing, but upgraded, Impromptu report to scheduler is "Impromptu cannot open the required catalog". It's obviously a problem with picking up the right version of Impadmin.exe to kick off but I do not know which configuration settings to change. Can anybody help?

Anne

Hi annie2,

I had the same problem on my machine. I solved it to edit the folder options. In your explorer-tools and select the 'file types'tab. Select there the associated file extention, in your case the at least '.imr and .cat'. Select the advanced button. In the new window select the edit button. In this window you can change the path to the impadmin.exe or impuser.exe. Change the cer1 to cer2 and the file association. This solved my problem!

Good luck!

Christenhusz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back