Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Images rotating

Status
Not open for further replies.

braves07

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
US
This isn't really a question of how to create the effect, but if there is a better way to do it than what I am doing.

I see on many sites them using several different images that fade in and out that are good quality images and large dimmensions and they don't have a problem with the file loading when the page opens.

I'm creating a .swf that has 8 images at 780px x 340px. I want them to look good when they are displayed so I don't want to scale the resolution down for the web to much. Each image turns out to be about 200kb and the .swf is like 1.5mb.

The file is as basic as it gets. 1 image fades in.. stays on image for few seconds, fades out, next image fades in, ect. Is there a better way to load this so it doesn't have to dl the 1.5 .swf all at once?

Thanks,

braves07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back