Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple IAS Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

plattze

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2004
AU
We want to have two seperately IAS servers for redundancy, all clients will be set to have both servers in there configs.

However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to replicate radius clients around both servers. So If I add a client in ias_server_1, it'll be in ias_server_2...

How do I do this?

Thanks

use Network Load balancing to 'cluster' the IAS service to one virtual node...

as far as i am aware, IAS is more or less stateless... if i'm wrong, then nlb probably wont work...

Aftertaf

"Solutions are not the answer." - Richard Nixon

With Windows Server 2003 Enterprise you can specify IP Ranges for the clients so if your clients are from contiguous IP ranges you can do this. Specify the client IP address with a subnet range; i.e. 192.168.1.0/24 - this means all hosts from 192.168.1.1-254 instead of each individual entry. This feature is not available with Standard server though :eek:(

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back