Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple HTMLs open in 1 window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadim

Programmer
Feb 5, 2002
US
Is it possible to open several html documents in one window?
The reason of that to print them all together.

You could try with frames, though I have not had much luck printing framed sites. Are the html documents that you need in one window entire websites that you have no control over or are they your files?

They are mine, but I'd like not to use frames.

To CliveC.
May you tell me, if javascript variables are in conflict between frames, when they have a same name?

If I understand you correctly,

i.e. that you want to name javascript variables the same in each page of the frameset without conflict,

then the answer is that there is no problem to doing that.

In fact if you place the variable in the actual frameset page, every page will have access to the value without any querystring passing of values among frames.

Clive

It is a little bit different.
Those pages already exist and work one at the time in whole window.
For some reason managers want to see them all together
to be able to print all at once. So, I think if I open each html, as you suggested, in different frames - all variables, CSS, functions will not conflicting, if some of them have a same names (or will?).

No, nothing should conflict because each frame is a separate page that does not inherit anything from the other pages.

Could you use includes to stack the pages on top of each other? Not sure how that would work with the opening and closing HTML, HEAD, and BODY tags from each page.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back