Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Horizontal Pages in Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKahunna

Programmer
Mar 18, 2003
GB
I am creating a report based on a single dataset in
crystal report 10/.NET Webforms.

As there are too many fields in the dataset to show on one A4 landscape sheet of paper I would like to be able to output the fields horizontally over two pages. It would then be possible to lay 2 printed A4 pages side by side to read a single record. Likewise I would like this to show seamlessly in the report viewer, so that the whole of a record was on one line, rather than one report under another.

Does anyone know how to do this as it has me perplexed? Ideally I would like to maintain the papersize as A4 so that pdf exports still work correctly.

Hope someone can help, thanks in advance

[ponder]

Perhaps you're saying that you want to take multiple rows, yet each row be split over 2 pages?

This is a bit tricky, though I have had to do this in the past, but I used an application language rather than a report writer.

The key for me was to decide how many rows I wanted per page (X), and then create a temp table for the data so that the first X rows had the first Y columns of data, and the next X rows had the balance of the columns of data, repeating at X intervals.

Were you to use a crosstab or OLAP grid, there's a new function for horizontal pages:

If you're only doing one row per page this is simple, just use the New Page after in the details and have a second details section with the additional rows.

-k

You could try doing two reports, with identical selection and showing different fields. Line-up would be tricky but possible.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back