Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple-Groups with "Underlay Following Sections"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJRBIM

MIS
May 30, 2003
CA
Think this is just a limit of CR-2008, but want to Confirm...

Trying to produce a Table-Style report where the GroupHeader 1 contains the Summary level of a Project - and there can be multiple sections of GroupHeader 2 and 3 that contain the Details of the Sub-Projects and Deadlines.

In order to make it "look like an Excel table" we are using the "Underlay Following Sections" on the Group Headers to flatten the presentation of the data.

This all works OK from a Page/PDF layout if the Information in GroupHeader takes up LESS than a Page.

However, if the Data in GroupHeader1 is longer than a page, then the GroupHeader2 information starts at the TOP of the 2nd Page of the GroupHeader1 data.

Anyone seen this before - and know if there is a way to "Bind" the GroupHeader2 to the TOP of the GroupHeader1 section...?

I know I could do this if I moved the Details section into a SUB-REPORT on the GroupHeader1 - but that would kill the performance-speed of the report.

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

I understand what you are describing, but I don't follow what it is in the group header that you want overlaid on following sections--Could you upload a pdf of the display? I'm unsure if it is a grid you are trying to display or what.

-LB

I don't think I need to see the display. I think you will have to use the subreport approach or explore whether placing the group header info in the page header might work. You would have to have a new page after on the group footer for this to work though.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back