Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple groupings and unique

Status
Not open for further replies.

tachtenberg

Programmer
Nov 27, 2001
US
I need to create a report that displays the number of unique sponsors grouped by how old the sponsorship is. (Lless than 1 year, 1 to 2 yars and over 2 years) Within that grouping I need to break it down by how often they pay (monthly, quarterly, semi annual or annual). Within these groups I need to break out what type of payment (Credit card, EFT, Payroll ded or other) If a sponsor has multiple sponsorships I need to count and catagorize only the oldest.

The following query returns the correct total number of rows but I have not been able to get it to work in CR8.5

Code:
SELECT DISTINCT
    plgf1.pledge_code, plgf1.id_code, plgf1.type_of_pledge, plgf1.stop_date, plgf1.paid_cnt, plgf1.post_status, plgf1.orig_start_date, plgf1.orig_motiv, plgf1.payment_type
FROM
    plgf plgf1
WHERE
    plgf1.paid_cnt > 0 AND
    plgf1.orig_start_date <= {d '2003-04-17'} AND
    (plgf1.post_status = 'A' OR
    plgf1.post_status = 'C' AND
    plgf1.stop_date >= {d '2002-10-01'}) AND
    plgf1.pledge_code >= 50900 AND
    plgf1.pledge_code <= 50999
group by plgf1.id_code
order by plgf1.orig_motiv