Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Extensions on same phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsha

MIS
Nov 27, 2020
CA
Hello, we are currently migrating our phones from Nortel to Avaya VOIP Rel.10 version. In Nortel system on same phone we were able to program more than one extension. We are told for Avaya VOIP phone we cnanot do that. Any assistance is appreciated.
example scenario: On the same phone we want to program extension 1234 and 6789. how is this possible.
Thanks

"we are currently migrating our phones from Nortel to Avaya VOIP"
My sincere condolences.

"Rel.10 version"
Is that not a release from 2016? is it a used system?

You can refer the system as Avaya IP Office, here is the proper forum for your system to get most replies.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

The question might receive a faster response if it is posted in the forum specifically for the particular Avaya system. Is the system the IP Office or something else [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

I’ve been through a similar phone migration, and I totally get where you're coming from. When we moved from an old system to Avaya VOIP, I found that integrating multiple extensions on the same phone wasn’t straightforward. Unfortunately, Avaya’s setup generally doesn’t support multiple extensions on a single phone the way Nortel did.What helped us was integrating our CRM with the phone system. We used PlanFix for CRM and phone integration, which allowed us to manage different extensions and streamline our communication. It didn't exactly replicate the old Nortel functionality, but it provided some effective workarounds and made handling multiple roles much easier.

In both IPO from 10.0 onwards and CM/Aura from 8.0 onwards you can use MADN, which is about as close as you'll get to CS1K MCR/SCR keys, or you could use bridged appearances. There are a few caveats with both in the IPO world, especially if you have multiple systems in the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back