Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple extensions forward to same nupoint VM box 2

DMilden

Vendor
Oct 21, 2005
US
Mitel 3300 8.0SP3

Customer would like to have 10 extensions when not answered go to the same general nupoint voicemail. This includes transfers and direct dialed DID numbers. I know the basics behind creating a nametag hunt group and routing the call to an acd path to break the integration but I can't seem to get direct DID calls to go to the right general mailbox. They do go to the nupoint but the nupoint tells me to enter a mailbox number so I am under the assumption the name tag isn't sending the correct tag.

DID of x5379 dialed directly
General mailbox is 8157
Created nametag hunt group *8157 also tried #8157 - Call reroute always to nupoint.
x5379 - reroute always to *8157 or #8157 - Nupoint says to enter mailbox number

Created empty ACD agent skill group
Created ACD path and assigned skill group
Set interflow with no agents at 1 sec to *8157 or #8157 - nupoint says enter mailbox number
Set interflow directly to nupoint with ACD path extension as alternate extension in mailbox 8157 - nupoint says enter mailbox number

If I changed any of this to send call to embedded VM mailbox, it works perfectly. If x5379 goes directly to nupoint without any nametags, its answered by its personal mailbox 5379.

Figure I am missing a step some where but can't find it. Thanks.

Solution
i agree with nupoint not liking the * or #

try this ( using 9157 as available number - can be anything )
create nametag 9157 (ONLY if there are NO other nametags in call flow)
reroute Always 9157 to nupoint D N1 N2
add 9157 as additional number of mailbox 8157
set 10 extensions to reroute 1st alt to 9157

if that doesnt work try using an acd path that interflows to 9157 and 1st alternate the 10 users to teh acd path
Might be easier to create rotational mailboxes for the 10 phones and set actual mailbox as the child (only member in distribution list 1) of each rotational mailbox. Only trick is you have to record a short silent greeting for each rotational mailbox for it to work. You could create an audio file in something like Audacity and then upload that via SFTP/SCP to the NuPoint and copy it to each mailbox.

EDIT: looking at KMS articles on this, you may not need to do the silent greeting on the rotational mailbox. There should be a pre-configured FCOS for a Rotational MB, so create a test mailbox using that FCOS, then create Distribution List 1, and add the mailbox you want calls to go to as the only member of that DL. That should be it.

Last edited:
Nupoint will not like the * or *, 5run this through the acd path for 1 second and interflow to a trusted extension as an alternate id value. Set all to go to path.

i agree with nupoint not liking the * or #

try this ( using 9157 as available number - can be anything )
create nametag 9157 (ONLY if there are NO other nametags in call flow)
reroute Always 9157 to nupoint D N1 N2
add 9157 as additional number of mailbox 8157
set 10 extensions to reroute 1st alt to 9157

if that doesnt work try using an acd path that interflows to 9157 and 1st alternate the 10 users to teh acd path

Solution
Thank you all for the responses.
@Lundah - I am not sure what rotational mailboxes are. I will need to do some research on those.
@jpruder - I am trying to avoid creating an ACD path to do this to keep the programming clutter to a minimum.

@Billz66 - I went with this solution and it worked perfectly. Wasn't aware nupoint didn't like the * or # tags. I have also read there is a reason to send these calls through the ACD path first before the nametag with something to do with transfers. Are you able to elaborate on this?

Thank you again to everybody!

Info on Rotational mailboxes should in the on-line help, or you can find it in the MiCollab documentation for your version here: https://www.mitel.com/document-center/applications/collaboration/micollab/micollab-server. All you really need to do is what I previously described; assign the mailboxes the preconfigured Rotational MB FCOS, and set up Distribution List 1 on each of those mailboxes with the only member being the "real" mailbox to send the calls to. The only downside is that it consumes a mailbox license for each rotational mailbox.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back